Saturday, October 25, 2008

Grad School

One thing I've been thinking about since I graduated college is going back to grad school. I've put it off this long because I've had a job that has been extremely fulfilling and another degree won't change the status of my job any. Also there aren't any programs near us that offer what I want and Chris has been in school full time the majority of our marriage and I really didn't want to go back with him in school too.

Now things are changing. In January I'll be required to be supervised by a BCBA monthly which I can understand why the board would do this and I think it's a good idea I just don't want to do this long term. A Master of Arts in ABA program is starting the fall of 2009 at Spalding University, a university very close to our house and it's a very short program. Plus Chris will be graduating in May and wants to take a little time before starting his PhD.

I was excited about this at first because I now have an opportunity to get a masters and the opportunity to learn even more in my field but... I'm not usually good with change, I like similar things and if prepared am ok with some change but this is pretty substantial. As I started looking into what I would need to do to get into the program I've become a little overwhelmed with needing to take the GRE (uh, almost 10 years out of college and a little rusty in most of the areas they'll test) and all of the other things I'll need to prepare with my admission packet (a professional writing sample...can I send in a behavior plan? =)

It will be a great opportunity, now I just need to organize myself, my family, and finances to do this.

No comments: