Saturday, January 31, 2009

Something is wrong with this...

After getting our power back and returning home we decided to go for a
walk and survey the damage in the park today. I love to take pictures so of course took my camera. I expected to see lots of ice, snow, and broken limbs based on what we heard Tuesday night but I don't think I was quite prepared for what I saw. Chris and I noted that growing up we didn't experience storms like this. We got snow here and there and sometimes there was a lot of it, but not very often. I'm 31 and I can remember only a handful of times when there was a lot of snow. I can't really remember any ice storms at all.

Today we were thinking of all of the major snow storms or ice storms recently and were able to note 2 major ice/snow storms, a major snow storm, and hurricane Ike winds that all did considerable damage since last year. I don't know about anyone else but that just seems like a lot to me. I remember trees growing and flourishing when I grew up. Not breaking and cracking and everyone talking about how we need to plant more trees because all of the trees are broken or damaged from one of the many storms we've had this past year.

The damage is not done yet either, as we were walking we could hear large limbs and trees fall as the ice melts off of them. So as I sit here uploading these pictures I listen to all of the ice break off the trees, crash against the house, and hope that our damaged from wind and ice trees don't fall on us. I could be wrong but with this event and other things that I've noted in a previous post something just seems wrong about the way things are progressing in our world. Quite frankly I've been and am getting more concerned each day. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Chris and I are looking into diapers like these vs. disposable ones.



Close up shot of some ice in the park.


Another picture of our park.


Lots of icicles!

No comments: